Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Whales Make Their First Appearance!

As you may know, the Inn is a great place for whale watching on the Saratoga Passage.  Here's Kathy's first hand account of the first whale sighting of the season.

For all the ones who have inquired when the whales pass through, they are here! I had the pleasure of witnessing them after serving breakfast to our guests one morning. They came for a show right out front of the Inn! The guests quickly grabbed cameras from their rooms and it was a beautiful sight! Surrounding neighbors have been telling me they had been spotted passing through but I kept missing them. Thanks to our guests, I was finally able to see them. Kathy

3 comments:

  1. I keep looking... I am up the shore a bit.. near Madrona Beach... so far I have not seen them... was this today you saw them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was on Monday the 29th, keep watching!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We live just off the island, bummer too cause that sounds really cool!

    ReplyDelete